The Rosary-Altar Society was organized at Our Lady of Hope on July 19th, 1960. The main purpose of this Society is the personal sanctification of its members through devotion to the Blessed Virgin Mary, primarily through the recitation of Her Rosary. The Rosarian Society maintains membership in the National Council of Catholic Women — Diocese of Brooklyn.
– Recitation of the Holy Rosary
– Mass in Church
– Business/Social Meeting in Cafeteria (Guest Speaker Presentation)
– Helping to Clean the Church
– Making Donations to Charitable Causes
– Christmas Caroling at Midway Nursing Home
– Writing Christmas cards to the Seminarians
Special Events and Activities
- Annual Induction Ceremony
The ceremony is conducted in the Church during which the prospective member is asked: “Do you promise to promote in every way possible the honor of Our Blessed Lady and devotion to her Rosary?” Each new member is presented with a rose, a candle, and a Blessed Mother medal.
- Annual Memorial Mass and Breakfast
Deceased Rosarians are remembered at a special Mass held on a Sunday in November. Memorial Plaque (instituted by the late Catherine Galantino, past Rosarian President) is updated yearly. This year’s mass will be held on Sunday, November 2 at 8:00 AM with breakfast to follow in the cafeteria.
– Christmas Party in December
– Communion Dinner in May
– End-of-season Gathering in June (held in cafeteria)
The Group meets on the second Wednesday after the first Sunday of each month from September to December, and from February to June. NOTE: There are no meetings in January, July, or August.
If you are interested in becoming a member of the Rosary-Altar Society, please leave a message at the Rectory (718) 429-5438 and one of our officers will contact you.
- President: Tina Inglese
- Vice President: Liz Kearney
- Secretary: Rosemarie Bonfiglio
- Treasurer: Liz Kearney